Friday, January 18

Forgiveness

It was recently brought to my attention that I may not have forgiveness. I was baptized a about a year ago. I have been clean for 2 years. I fear that forgivness by God does not mean forgiveness by man. Some still see the person I once was. How do you achieve ultimate forgiveness. I repent. I think that the God has forgiven for my previous ways. People are not so easy. How do you erase the past. Impossible yes I know. I try to show with my ways I am not who I was. I stand by the title ofthis blog. I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not. I just wish people knew in their hearts I am worth forgiveness. My real friends know just what damage I have caused but I have choosen to go down another path. I am not making excuses for myself. There where a lot of different circumstances then.

Another part of that is why do I care what people see? I was never one who cared what people thought. Why now? Now that things are finally right in life why do I care?

I was wrong and I am sorry for anyone I wronged. I am me and that is all I can be. I want to put the past behind me, but I struggle to do so. When is repentance enough. When will they all forget so I can focus on the future?


I am finally happy, my marriage is finally great, my kids finally have the mother they where suppose to have. Why do I feel it is still not enough......

6 Comments:

At 1/22/2008 , Blogger Friar Tuck said...

You can only control you. You have repented and changed. It is not your job to change people's minds.
Look at the apostle Paul. Some people never forgave him for his past.

As for the other part, you sound a little like the U2 song, I STILL HAVENT FOUND WHAT IM LOOKING FOR

 
At 1/23/2008 , Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said...

I love Paul! thanks.

 
At 1/26/2008 , Blogger Heidi said...

For what its worth, I like you, for who you are, past or no past!

 
At 1/26/2008 , Blogger john r mclay said...

I, personally, think both you and Nate are good people and I enjoy your company as well as outlook your on life.
Good input, Friar - we CAN only control us. It is up to each of us to answer for our own actions when it comes to standing before God. This doesn't mean we are damned.
John the Baptist is a good example of a lunatic that lived in the woods, acted insane, and probably stunk. I don't believe he was looked upon highly in that day's society. He was even a murderer, but will sit by God's side - forgiven.
If sin takes you to hell....we're ALL going!
Just be honest and true to yourself, and know you are doing the best you can with what you have. The past is just that - past.
We've all made moves we wish we could erase.
How can I possibly feel I am so much better than you when, as human, I walk the same earth?

More humans need that as a mantra....

 
At 1/27/2008 , Blogger reliv4life said...

Wow! Good post. It is sad how people are so harsh, isn't it. It has been my experience that Christians can sometimes be even more cruel. Must be why God felt the need to include the passage about removing the log from our own eye before we worry about the splinter in our neighbors. I think I will post on this on my blog today, hope that is OK with you. It has really stirred some things in me. I also wonder if you have totally forgiven yourself?

 
At 2/19/2008 , Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Hey there.

WHere have you gone?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home