Saturday, July 29

Bannannas

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF TAB
HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD IT WAS BAD LUCK TO HAVE BANNANAS ON A BOAT? Nate has always told me that. Guess my dad hadn't heard.
Day started as a really normal day. My pop called and was going to Wittier with his boat for the first time and since we couldnt get any DMV stuff done yet, we decided to go.
All was good, he got us out in the water we got poles in the water . It was a beautiful day!!!!!!! Nathan saw a bear just before the tunnel, one of those sightings I of course couldnt "sight". After a while t the kids where wanting to get off the boat so we decided to pull over to the beach.
.... my dad and Seren get off first, I hand Dad, Grace and just then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a huge ferry, the one that carries the cars and people goes by and the waves start pushing and pullingthe boat in all directions. oh yeah, Dad is just holding the rope, I jump out and BAM! Nate and Gage where still in the boat. The water came in about 4 feet with every wave and of course suckiing it back out with every wave. AND into the rock wall and Seren grabs the baby and heads for high ground. (In her eyes saved Graces life) So there we are me and my dad trying to hold the boat beijng jerked down into the water and unable to keep our stance on the shale rocks. Gage is standing mid boat screaming! Tears just stream'n down. Nathan is getting jerked side to side with nothing to hold on to. I am looking at him because I figure he's the only one of us that knows what to do! Really none of us knew what to do. The boat took on a lot of water from the waves and NAte gets up and pushs Gage off the bow. Says "run when you hit shore" The whole time waves beating everything including us. GAge runs for Seren, screaming and crying. Just as NAte bails out to the shore, the waves die down. Thank the Lord! HE and Dad pulled it up long enough for everyone to pee and me to stop shak'n. It was so scary! Gage said all he was think'n was save my sister and I want to Live! Way I think is Dad felt safer in the middle of the Prince William Sound than on the bank. What a great story for our family to tell, and just think of how big of a tale it will be by the time Gage is 15.
OK, OK, OK so we get going in the boat and Nate put's his line back in the water while we troll. Everyone knows that Dad is probably done for the day. When Nate set's his hook, in a SEAGULL! I told him just to shoot it but he said "do you wanna tramatize the kids anymore", So NAte and Dad brought her in and un hooked one of the two. That seagull was mean! and the louder it was the more tears came from the front of the boat where the kids where with there heads under a coat. BUT! he saved it. They ended up free'n her with only one hook in it's chest. She flew away!
As we started pulling through the water again DAd say's " I think there is a hole in the boat, we are taken on a lot of water" Nate says no way it was just the water from the waves. I dont know if it was a hole or Dads subconcience saying it was time to get off the water? But we headed in from our exciting adventure.
AAAHHHH! What a day! Nate and I talked about it the whole way home hecouldnt stop gigle'n. I think it is a much better story than some fish tale we already had. It was a great day but I think it sucked the life outta my POP! He's gettn to old for all that excitment. BUT IT WAS GREAT!

2 Comments:

At 7/29/2006 , Blogger Heidi said...

I am sure it was the bannana's....it sounds so exciting. How did you guys ever hold down a seagull? You know whats fun...soak hearing (bait) in a little or a lot of rum...then feed the gulls....

 
At 9/06/2006 , Blogger Shana said...

oh how scarry...glad angels were looking out for all of you...and yep...it was the banannas...poor banannas...but it does seem they are bad luck on a boar.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home